Thursday, 17 August 2017

Hello, world!

This is more of a letter than a post. THanks for the opportunity again.

The idea with this blog is that I keep live notes always available for me and the other members of the panel. It is intended to be private to this panel.

 I started because of ideas sparked by Geoff's challenge on how to reach a wider audience and keep Remap in people's minds like, say, RSPCA.

 While out for a stroll I just thought of a combinatin that could well work and will add to my mission/vision statement from an email to the phone conference group last monday. If Remap had a doughnut van in a local event like the yearly summer thingy at victoria park, or the highclere event or the country show, that would be great because: people always buy cheap food regardless of queues; while in the queue they're captive audience for Remap panelists and/or previous clients to brainwash them :)! And I got the doughnut van technology from my previous life with the Didcto Rotary. It can churn a serious 1000 doughnuts per hour! but the queues always built!

2 comments:

  1. I still find OTs are vital, however, a branch into churches, schools, community centres would be interesting. Local radio and newspapers as well (The XYZ Herald series).


    A great engagement tool could be an award for teenagers from many local schools in work experience age to come up with ideas and help Remap come up with a solution for a case, for instance. That type of event with a presentation ceremony etc is great local news for wider public awareness. The admin for such enterprise fits nicely as a Rotary/Lions community projects. I could start laying out a plan for a pilot and trying it out to gauge response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At work I will likely be trained on how to be able to attract and retain people with the best skill sets and attitudes for the organisation to achieve its goals. This experience I intend to translate to the Remap experience. A really important part of this is understanding the employment experience offered, so that this can be captured and articulated in recruitment and outreach communications.

    ReplyDelete